Thursday, April 11, 2013

#4 [Pontezuela - 2] Apr. 8th, 2013

Hi mom! I have literally 2 minutes to write to you real quick. Today has been a crazy p-day and I haven't been home AT all. I'm in the mission choir, so we had practice all the way in Ponce, and so I have been gone for practice. We have performances on Friday and Saturday, and we hardly know our songs... It'll be interesting. But, it's crazy how little time we have here.

How is Hawaii!? You're so lucky to be there! I hope you're all having a blast. And it's too bad Heather couldn't come along this time, either... hehehe jokes!
 

Grocery shopping here is INSANE. Everything is super expensive.
 

We have 3 investigators with baptismal dates. I'm super excited about it.
 

We got a car on Tuesday. I'm the designated driver, and driving here is SO scary. I hate it, and I'm literally praying that our lives will be spared with every turn we take. They have driving laws here, but no one follows them. I'll have to take a video sometime.
 

It's getting hotter every day, and apparently it'll only get hotter.
 

I'm training in less than 2 weeks. I'm super scared, but I know that the Lord will help me. If he trusts me enough with the souls of Puerto Rico, he trusts me enough to train one of his chosen vessels.
 

So, I had an exciting event happen this week, I was bitten by something. I don't know what, I don't know when, but my foot has been swollen and purple for 3 days. Don't worry, I'm not going to die, but it's a little painful, and we haven't been able to do much since the nurse says I need to keep my feet up. I feel bad keeping my comp inside all day when we have things to do, but whatever. I have to be obedient. I WANT to be obedient. I don't want to lose any limbs here. :)
 

Thank you for putting the bike money on my card, I'll probably withdraw that next Monday if I can, so I can just get that taken care of.
 

We got to watch conference on Saturday for half of the morning session, and both sessions on Sunday. I loved it. I heard about the temple in Cedar! I am SO excited about that! I am excited for all the students there who will get to serve there. I hope to be able to do that too!
 

Okay, I've gotta write to President Alvarado now. I love you all so much. Thank you for being the best family ever. Have fun in Hawaii, and don't forget to pray! hahaha. I LOVE YOU!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment