Monday, January 13, 2014

#44 [Cidra - 20] Jan. 13th, 2014

HAPPY 10 MONTHS TO ME! HAPPY 13 MONTHS TO RAE! I can't believe how quickly time is FLYING by.

This week was really great. It was full of surprises! Our investigator, A___, actually didn't get baptized this Saturday. It's a long story, but he's not ready and I feel like he has a problem with expressing how he really feels, or in other words, he's one of those people who struggles saying "no." We went to pick him up at 3pm and he wasn't there; when we called, he didn't answer. So our WML called, and he answered. He said he was at Burger King with his friends and said he couldn't go to the baptism because he'd promised his friend's mom that he'd have her back at home by 5pm and if he went to the baptism, he wouldn't be back in time to keep his commitment with her. Psh. OKAY!? Someone who has a chance to make a promise with the Lord and then throws that in the back seat for a commitment with some random lady definitely does NOT understand the importance of this covenant. I was amazed more than anything else. So we'll see, but I don't think he even wanted anything in the first place. But at least he didn't get baptized just to please US. That's what I'm most grateful for in all this.


Inline image 1
Two of the sister missionaries that Marissa has trained -- Sisters conference

We found some new investigators this week that we're excited about. A family of women, M__, I__, and her 12 year-old daughter C__. They're such great people!! We taught them the Plan of Salvation because M__ has lost a lot of relatives and when we first met her, that's all she could talk about; she showed us all of the pictures of her dead relatives and so we knew that sharing that doctrine would be perfect for her. We explained and shared from the Book of Mormon and taught from the Bible as well. It was such a great lesson and we feel like they're going to progress a lot.

We taught a family of 4 yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. We played Restoration Jenga, and the parents were amazed at how true the story of the restoration is. They loved the lesson and we're going back on Thursday. I'm really excited, this family is amazing and I feel like they're very prepared to receive the Gospel.

I'm really excited for the next few weeks here in Cidra. Things without the car are going great, it's almost a game every day trying to figure out how we'll get from one place to the next, but it's amazing how the Lord provides for us. I've realized that this change has been such a blessing because it's helped me realize that this is HIS work and this is HIS glory, and before, I felt like I could do practically everything on our own. I rely on Him a lot more than I did, and it's helping me to be much more dependent on the members even though I honestly hate it so bad. I HATE ASKING FOR HELP! ...But it's a really good lesson and I'm thankful that the President followed through on the revelation he received.

Anyway, to kill the suspense, I'll tell you about the crazy dream I had. This past week, me and Hermana Archila were talking about how weird it would've been to be Mary, like, to find out you're pregnant but still being a virgin. But in my dream, I gave birth to twins and had NO idea how I'd conceived or anything like that. But I KNEW they were mine, and they were so cute! And I named them and everything, but I was scared to bring them home and show them to the family because Rachel and I had only been gone for a week at school and we went to the hospital and then I came home with two little bundles of joy! And I felt bad because Mom and Dad are still too young to be grandparents. And I was scared to bring them home just because I was nervous about what the ward members would say! Hahahaha. The dream was all in Spanish, too, so that was cool. But anyway, that's just one of the many MANY weird dreams I've had out here. :)

Well anyway, enough with the weirdness, I love you and miss you all so much and I am so thankful for all your support. Thank you for raising us the way you did, Mom and Dad. I love you so much and am so thankful to be part of this family! DAD- I listen to Saturday's Warrior and think of you! "We've all got Daddy's nose!!!"

OH MY! ALSO! I FORGOT! LAST NIGHT, I experienced my first EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd only been asleep for about an hour, when Hermana Archila and I just woke up at the exact same time and she said, "It's an earthquake!" Apparently it was rated 6.5, so pretty crazy. The epicenter was in Mayaguez, on the other side of the island, but we felt it, and it was strong. It felt like we were getting tossed about on the sea! (Which, if you think about it, that's really what happened...) But it got me freaked out a little bit because I have NO idea what we'd do in the case of a serious natural disaster. But I fell back asleep without any problems. I was scared, but I prayed myself to sleep. Do you know if Rae felt it at all?

But anyway, thank the Lord that He watches out for and takes care of us. I love you! Bye!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment