Friday, March 15, 2013

#1 -- [Dominican Republic CCM - 1] Mar. 14th, 2013


Hi, everyone! So I've only got a few minutes to write you a quick email. I arrived in the DR last night after 12 a.m., and didn't get to bed until about 2. It was a long day, but a lot of fun. I slept well, though, and I'm doing just fine, I'm very excited to be here.

My companion is Hermana Lexi Jones, the girl I already knew and met up with from Arizona. So that's crazy. We're also staying in the only room in the MTC with a view of the temple. and I'm guessing it's the same room Rach was in when she spent the night here. So it's awesome! She and I have the room to ourselves. It's awesome. 

We had banana pancakes for breakfast. The milk I drank with them tasted weird, so I probably won't be drinking milk while I'm here. But that's my only complaint. We've been having orientation today, and had a tour of the grounds.

I saw where Rachel buried the note, but haven't had the time to go dig it up yet, so I'm looking forward to doing that.
 

I'm so excited to be here. I know this church is true and that I'm in the right place, where the Lord wants me to be. I love this Gospel!
 

Anyway, love you all so much! Hope everything's going well at home.
 

Hasta luego!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment