Thursday, March 21, 2013

#2 [DR CCM - 2] Mar. 21st, 2013

Note left by Rachel for Marissa at DR MTC
I know I said I’d try to have as little typos as possible, but I’m on a Spanish people computer, so it’s really difficult to type correctly. So, I apologize in advance.

Wow. I’ve already been here for a week. I can’t believe it! I’m doing well though, I have so much to say and so much to write, and I’ve only got 20 minutes to do it, so I’ll try to be quick!

Also! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE THIS WEEK! (Momma, Chel, Joshy, and Jeff!) I love you guys! I hope your birthdays were great!

First of all –  I was originally paired up with Hermana Jones, a girl from Arizona, I’ve already met. I went to dinner with her before. She and I were companions for a total of 3 days, and then I spoke with President Freestone (our MTC pres.) and asked him if I could be moved in with the natives for more experience and to see if I could go out into the field earlier. I didn’t think he’d take me seriously, but he did! and I was switched on Sunday evening at 9 pm.

So my current companion is Hermana Valenzuela. She is an absolute sweetheart and I can’t properly express my love for her. She’s very patient with me. I definitely don’t know as much as I thought I did, especially in the gospel related Spanish. So it’s very difficult, and I’ve been having a hard time because I can’t express myself well enough. I just lack the vocabulary and what not, so it’s frustrating. The elders in my district gave me a blessing, and that has helped. But I am doing well, and I am happy.

We eat 3 times a day. Lunch is the biggest meal of the day, with 2 types of meat, rice, and fresh fruit. It’s very good. The lunchroom is freezing though.

Oh mom! I have a question for you. Could you buy a CTR ring for my companion? They don’t sell them here, and she really wants one. The one she likes has a butterfly on it, and it’s silver. If you can’t do it, that’s fine, but yeah, I just thought it’d be a nice thing to do.

I got Rachel’s note from under the palm tree. It was wet, but I unfolded it enough that I could read it. It made me happy. She also sent me a package with a bunch of stuff. It was such a nice surprise. Everyone looked at me with envy at lunch the day it came. It was quite the attention-grabber so to say. She put all the stuff in the box you'd originally sent to her, so it looked so beat up and what not. Oh, also, I forgot to give her the vitamins, so you’ll have to send some of those to her, unless I see Elder Reeder again.

That’s sad to hear about Ethan Peterson. I’m very glad that didn’t happen while I was there, too. But still, that’s an awful thing to happen at all.

My p-day is today, Thursdays. I get to Email at 4:30. I dunno what time it would be at home, but that’s when I’m online, but not that that matters anyway, since I leave here on Tuesday... THAT’S RIGHT, PEOPLE! I go out to the field on TUESDAY. I am super excited, and nervous, but I know the Lord will watch over me and help me be bold. I’ll get to Email you hopefully the day I get there, but I dunno. We’ll see.

We can only send letters out Friday morning. Apparently letters get to the USA really quickly, they just have a hard time reaching us here. So, that’s an interesting fact.

The weather is perfect. We don’t get to go outside much, but it’s really nice when we do. I feel like this is a jail, except for a super happy, safe jail – so it’s cool. I like it here and I’m happy to be here. I feel like I’m friends with everyone. It’s crazy how easily people bond through the help of the Spirit. (Also, I’m sorry if I don’t make grammatical sense either, going from English to Spanish everyday starts to mess with your brain.

About the pictures you’re welcome to put one or two in the box for Jacob. I’m sure he will want one anyway.

And you are right, I was originally in the same room that Rach stayed in on the night she got here, but I’ve been moved to a different room on the 3rd floor as opposed to the 4th, where she was.

We went to the temple today for p-day. It was a lot of fun. I did it in English, even though I had the option to do it in Spanish.

Heather, good luck with track and your soccer team! Keep practicing and work hard! You’re going to do great this season! I’m proud of you!

Let Tori Ware know that I got her dearelder, and that I was thankful to hear from her. She should expect a letter in reply soon!! :)

Well, I’m going to try to attach some pictures now. I took a few this week, so we’ll see if I can put them all up.

I love you guys! Thank you for all your support and love. I miss you, but I’m happy to be here and know that this is where I am supposed to be. I am excited to start teaching people and save some souls!!

Love you!

- Hermana Marissa Ann Erickson

1 comment:

  1. I love this & her so much. The hidden treasure from Rach was so clever! (:

    ReplyDelete