Monday, February 3, 2014

#47 [Cidra - 23] Feb. 3rd, 2014

Dear family!!

It's been a good week! In my personal studies, I've been learning about commitment and faithfulness to our covenants. It's been a really great spiritual experience for me and I've loved reading all the books I've read so far! I've read more than 15 books in the past ten months!! NERD!! :) (And proud of it!) It's cool to be a bookworm.

We are excited about our investigator, W__, because he's progressing rapidly. His baptismal date is for next Sunday, but he couldn't make it to Church yesterday so I doubt that if I get transferred this next week I'll be seeing his ordinance. But oh well, I'm happy to know that I got to teach him! He's super cool.

G__ received the Holy Ghost yesterday and it was really great. He mentions an "inner peace" a lot and I love how he can recognize the peace that has come to his life because of the covenants he's made with God. This gospel is amazing! It changes lives!!

O__, our landlord (and the Baptist pastor), came to Church yesterday. I don't know how much he liked it because he had to leave after church, so we didn't get to talk to him. But I know the members liked having him there! They felt pretty important having a pastor there. (Even though they already have one, V__ F__ used to be one until he converted.)

So I got an interesting phone call last Monday. David Low's mom called me! She had called the office asking for my address, but the ladies in the office just gave her my number. It was nice talking to her for a minute. They sent me a Zwahlen's package! With caramel apples!! It was SO yummy! Hermana Archila said it was the best apple she'd had in her whole life. They're such great people!! :) I'm blessed to know so many kind human beings.

I had a funny/spiritual experience this past week in one of our lessons. We were teaching a guy named J__ in the basketball court and we were reading a few scriptures. I asked Hermana Archila to turn to one in advance, Jacob 2:18. She thought I'd said Jacob 2:28, so when she read it out loud, it wasn't the one I'd thought of reading, obviously. But the crazy thing is, it went perfectly with what we were teaching, and even better than the one I'd initially thought of. It just goes to show you that – 1. God has our back even when we don't think we need Him to and – 2. THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE AND IS APPLICABLE TO OUR LIVES IN EVERY SITUATION! I already knew that, but it was just a cool reconfirmation. I laughed when Hermana Archila was reading the scripture because I knew it wasn't a coincidence. When I told her after, it made sense. I LOVE THIS WORK and I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES! :)

Okay anyway. I'll reply real quick to your email; it sounds like you all had an eventful week!

I still haven't gotten around to writing the ward back. But I will probably do that when I get home today if I have time.

I'm excited to hear that you guys found a lot of names to do genealogy work for. That's really awesome! I can't wait to do that when I get back; I feel like there's so much work to do! It's exciting! Save some work for me!

I had interviews with President Smartt this week; it went well. I've decided I'm not coming home early. So if there are any special events in the near future, postpone them until the 2nd week of September, please!!

Annie W and Jacob C's wedding invitation is beautiful! I'm so happy for them!! It's exciting to see people who knew each other in High School get married!!:) I always knew they'd work out!

Well anyway, I love you all, but I'm out of time. No pictures to send this week, so sorry. I'll let you know where I'm going next Monday! (If I'm going anywhere new at all!)

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TORI WARE! (on Friday!)

I LOVE EVERYONE!!!!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment