Monday, February 10, 2014

#48 [Cidra - 24] Feb. 10th, 2014

Staying in Cidra!

This was a successful last week with Hermana Archila; we taught a TON of people and I felt like we accomplished a lot. I'm exited about transfers and staying in Cidra for another 12 weeks. I am also very, very humbled to know I get another shot at training and can't wait to meet my new comp! :) I hope I can live up to her expectations. BABY #5!! Woot woot! Hermana Archila will be going to Antigua!! SPEAKING ENGLISH! I'm such a proud mother!! :) She's going to rock it. She speaks English very well even though she doesn't believe me when I tell her.

On Thursday, the President's wife came to Cidra to work with us and that was a lot of fun.

A__ L__ informed us this past week that his sister (who has been bed-ridden for the past two years) has breast cancer. A__ L__ is already pretty depressed as it is since he's the only one who really takes care of her and so the fact that he will lose her makes him even more distraught. It's really sad to see him suffer, especially because M__ (his sister) doesn't want to fight it or anything. I'm really worried about him but I know that whatever happens, the Lord will provide.

An investigator we met a week or so ago is really interested in the Book of Mormon. His name is J__ and he came to Church yesterday for the first time. After Church he was reading the Book of Mormon and got to the part in Nephi when it refers to a "great and abominable church," and he asked about that, thinking it referred to a specific church, but we told him it referred to all the churches that are not the Church of God. It's cool to watch people read the Book of Mormon and develop a testimony of its truthfulness.
 

W__, another investigator, just has to give up drinking coffee in order to be baptized. He knows the Church is true and loves it a lot. He wants to keep all the commandments and is excited to be making this step in his life. It's been a blessing for Hermana Archila and I being able to teach him. We watched The Testaments last night and all cried because the Spirit was strong. I love that movie!! And I just love the Book of Mormon!!

G__ is doing really well. He's the most recent convert, and it's been absolutely INCREDIBLE seeing the changes in him! He's SO much happier nowadays, and it was amazing because he mentioned that after living in Puerto Rico for 45 years, he's finally learning Spanish! And it's because he has the Gift of the Holy Ghost! It was really cool to see a spiritual gift in action in someone else. It strengthened my testimony a lot, and his. He's learning so so much. His wife, who would always leave and go into the back room whenever we'd come, was actually present the last time we went and listened, so hopefully her heart will soften and will be open to listening to the lessons soon. She's such a sweet lady and reminds me of Grandma Farley a lot.

Well anyway, that's really all I have to say. I'm excited to be training again. I do love training and feel like there really is nothing else I'd rather do. I'm thankful the Lord knows that, even though I'm not perfect at it. Rumor has it that I'll be training a GRINGA! So I hope so, because I feel like having someone that doesn't know the language will compel me to work even harder and be better. And there are so many things I need to change about myself that are difficult to identify with a Latina companion; the cultural barrier makes it hard. But we'll see what happens! :) I'm just happy to be staying here!! I can't get enough of this great weather!

I'm going to be lame and not reply to your email this week because I'm out of time. 


Tori, I hope you had a good birthday.

I LOVE YOU!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment