Tuesday, February 18, 2014

#49 [ST - 1] Feb. 18th, 2014

(A day later due to Zone Conf./ Pres. Day)

Okay wow. I don't even know where to begin, but this week has been CRAZY and I'm living out of a suitcase! (Even more than I was before!) Wanna know why!?

Tuesday morning (transfer day) I got a phone call from President saying that instead of staying in Cidra, I'd be moved from the area. I've been given a new responsibility/ calling in the mission. I'm a Sister Trainer! What happened was that one of the sisters that was supposed to come to the mission never showed up, and so he had to make some last-minute changes. He wasn't planning on doing this until I had trained at least one last sister so that I'd be able to leave Cidra in the hands of someone who is familiar with the area and the people, but changes had to be made, and I've been moved.

Two new sisters came back with me that evening to Cidra, and I showed them around the area for a few days. It was really hard leaving because I hadn't mentally prepared myself to go, nor did I get to say goodbye to everyone I'd hoped to say goodbye to, but that's okay. I know all the people will understand and the two sisters taking my place are great.

I was in St. Croix on Valentine's Day (Friday morning through Saturday afternoon). And when I came back, I went to Fajardo to work with two sisters here. They're opening up a new area, and since I've had experience doing that, President gave me the chance to help them out for the past few days. So I went to Church here and will be here until tomorrow. I honestly don't know, though.

President hasn't given me too many details about what it is I'll be doing, but I am aware that a lot of sisters here aren't doing okay, and President doesn't have time to visit with them all, and especially now that we don't have cars, it's even more difficult. So I have been given that responsibility and I feel very lucky to be doing it.

So I don't have a place to currently call home, nor do I have a companion. All I know is, I'll be doing this for at least a month, jumping from one end of the island to another. And so far, I really like it; A LOT. So I won't get to tell you about everything I'm DOING, per se, but I can tell you where I am and the experiences I'm having.

When he first told me, I was really scared to be honest because I've never liked Sister Trainers. So I didn't necessarily want to BE one of them... And I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to help the other sisters like I'm supposed to. I've always loved listening to others and offering them advice, and as a missionary, we're technically not allowed to do that with anyone but our companions. But for the past few days, I've been giving the two sister missionaries the advice I wish I could've received in the beginning of my mission, and it's been helping me a lot to remember the times when I really did struggle, and see how I got over it, too. I've realized how much I have grown in the past 11 months and it's amazing because I am so thankful for the decision I made to serve a mission! This calling/ responsibility has been the PERFECT motivator for me, and it's stretching me in ways I never thought I could be. It's making me see these girls in a different way. It's a really cool experience and I wish I could describe it, but I can't. But I like it a lot and I feel it's making a difference. (For me, anyway). I can mention one thing, though: I put my cosmetology knowledge to good use and give all of them hair and makeup advice. :) So if they still don't like me as a sister trainer, at least they'll appreciate me for making them look and feel a little better. Ton and Vik would be so proud!!

We had Zone Conference all day yesterday (that's why I didn't write to you) and President Smartt taught about repentance using the story of Adam and Eve. It was super super awesome. Man, I just wish you all could have been there to learn everything I learned and understand it all! I love learning new things about the Gospel: it's so much deeper than we think, but it's also so much simpler than we make it out to be.

Thanks for filling me in on everything you're doing. I love hearing from you and I hope that you had a wonderful Valentine's Day this past week.

I still haven't met this incognito Elder Clark you've been talking about all this time, but I imagine he's on the island somewhere. I doubt I'll ever meet him to be honest. Tell Mrs. Crampton hi.

I'm proud of you, Mom and Dad, for going walking! That's an awesome way to live the Word of Wisdom!! :) Hehehe. I invite you to keep doing so! (<--DO I SOUND LIKE A MISSIONARY YET!?!)

I finished my 2nd big journal. :) I LOVE MY MISSION JOURNALS!! It's so great to go back through and read my first one and see how little I was! But I haven't lost my personality I don't think... But you'll have to be the judge on that one when I get home. :)

I'm proud of Josh and Dad for completing their goal on having 100% home teaching at least every other month! That's great news!! :) I'm so proud to call you my family!! You're the greatest!

I figured that since Dad mentioned it, he wants to know about the letter I wrote to Shaylee. I basically asked her questions. It's nothing personal, just trying to get to know the girl. :) Mostly like, 10 questions, I think. I don't even remember. Hopefully she rewrites the question and responds so I know what she's talking about... :)

Well anywho, thanks for supporting me. I miss you and love you a lot even though I can't say I think about you that often.

Also, a retraction is necessary about the reception of my mail: send it to the office. I'll get it someday.

I LOVE YOU!!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment