Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#61 [Tortola - 7] May 12th, 2014

Happy Mother's Day yesterday!

Okay, first of all, JOSHY'S PROM PICTURES ARE GREAT! I'm glad her dress wasn't too short, and he looks great in pink!! I have a BABE for a little brother! Now I'm nervous he's going to school before his mission, I feel like the ladies won't be able to resist! Way to go, Joshy! Hahahaha.

Since we spoke last night for Mother's Day and all, I don't really know what to say, but since I know you'll be sending this on to the fam, I'll try to make it interesting and update everyone about what happened this week.

It was so nice to see everyone's faces and to talk with you all! I miss you and love you guys! Mom, thanks for being a wonderful mother! I look up to your example and try to emulate you.

We had transfers, but this time it was different because the whole mission went to Caparra, PR (including us!) to meet the new mission president and his wife, President and Sister Zwick. He spoke in this last General Conference, he talked about his wife jumping out of the speeding, smoky pickup truck. But okay, I LOVE THEM! I've never felt so much love from complete strangers in my life. I felt like my mission hit the reset button all over again, too. It's a weird feeling, having a new mission president. But I'm happy because I like them and I feel very hopeful for the next few months. They will only be presiding over the PRSJ Mission until July.

President Zwick and his wife interviewed me before my companion and I went back to Tortola on Friday morning. I really can't even describe how much I love these people. I'm very happy to have met them and to be able to serve with them at this time. They taught me a LOT at the conference/meeting. I can tell they love us and I feel like I can trust them. It's a weird feeling because they're complete strangers. But they're amazing. I hope you get to meet them.

So my new companion is named Sister Dye, she's turning 20 on the 31st of May, and she's from Idaho. She's actually cousins with a girl from my graduating class at Timpanogos (B__ Jones), so that's a crazy connection. I love her already; she's very motivated, excited to be here on Tortola, and we get along really well. I think she might or might not be my favorite companion so far. I just feel like I've lucked out with companions, though, because I love all the companions I've had so far! But I'm excited because I feel like the island is going to explode with the two of us here. She's a powerhouse and I'm just pumped because I love being a missionary. So life is great.

We had a lot of success since we returned from Puerto Rico Friday morning. This weekend was the best. We have two baptisms coming up, both on the 31st. R__ accepted that date, and R__. I've already told you about R__, but I don't think I've mentioned R__. She's an 18 year-old from Maine and she's one of the members' girlfriend. She is really excited to be baptized and I feel like she's really been prepared. I like her a lot.

M__ passed the sacrament this past week for the first time in his life. It was really exciting to see him fulfill his priesthood responsibilities! I just love it when people choose the right! I am excited about the youth of the Church here, I feel like the Church in Tortola has a bright future. Hopefully we'll be able to get M__ on a mission.

S__, an inactive 20 year-old, is progressing a lot right now. She's reading the Book of Mormon to really find out if it's true. She's been inactive for 4 years, and has attended a lot of different churches. She grew up in the Church, but because she's been taught so much conflicting doctrine, she doesn't have much of a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Last night we watched the Testaments with her and she absolutely loved it, it was really awesome to see her connect the dots in the Book of Mormon and the happenstances of the New Testament. I just love the Book of Mormon and am so glad we have the other half of the world's side of the story, too. It's so awesome! The Lord definitely loves all of His children.

Well anyways, I love you so much and I would keep writing, but Sister Dye and I are going to the beach. :)

I LOVE YOU!

-Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment