Monday, May 19, 2014

#62 [Tortola - 8] May 19th, 2014

hELLO!

This week was so incredible, we found SO many new, incredibly prepared people and I am SO happy to be a missionary. I love my companion, I love my area, I love these people. If I get moved before coming home I don't know if I'll be okay with it. But luckily for me, this transfer just started. And I do feel like I'll be here for a while.

We went to the beach this last p-day because Sister Dye had never been or even touched the ocean in her entire life!! So we went to Josiah's Bay and she loved it. We ate Ben & Jerry's ice cream. (So much for the diet I mentioned a few weeks ago, right!? Haha) We'll be going again today if the weather permits.

We have 6 baptisms lined up! So we're really really excited. I don't even know where to begin with telling you about this week. We met two guys, C__ and M__, who actually called us over to them while we were contacting in town the other day. They're both really interested in the gospel. C__ came to Church yesterday, too!! He loved it. We met another guy named K__ who is really awesome, probably one of the most sincere people I've ever met; he shares his opinion so clearly and thinks that religion nowadays is ridiculous. He is looking for a Church that is REAL. So when we told him about the restoration, his mind was blown. He is excited and enthusiastic to find out for himself if the Book of Mormon is true.

A__, a Dominican that we've been teaching for a few weeks, just found out the other night when Sister Dye and I were teaching her, that we believe in the Bible. I was amazed because she said that none of the missionaries before had ever even pulled out the Bible! So she was really happy when she found out that we believe that the Bible is also the word of God. She came to Church for the first time yesterday as well. I lent her one of my skirts.

Sister Dye and I are just feeling a little overwhelmed because there are so many people we found to teach this week, and the members are inviting us over to their homes, and then we also have to visit the less-actives, so there's just so much work to be done, and we are so excited that we get to do it! I feel like the area has just exploded lately. I'm so glad that Sister Dye and I are working together, I feel like we get along really well and she's super awesome.

Congratulations to Joshy for graduating seminary! The pictures made me laugh. He looked nice in his grey suit. Very classy. I'm proud of him. Seminary is truly an inspired program in the Church.

I love being a Mormon because my religion and my faith doesn't have a limit. I love being a Mormon because we accept all truth. That was just something I was thinking about a lot this morning while I studied today. It is the only one on the earth that recognizes there is no end to truth because there is no beginning to it either. We are in the Church of Jesus Christ for sure AND I LOVE IT!

Well anywho, I guess I'm going to finish up now. I'm sorry this is kind of a lame email, but at least you know I'm doing all right and I'm very, very happy. I LOVE YOU!

-Sister Erickson



No comments:

Post a Comment