Tuesday, May 6, 2014

#60 [Tortola - 6] May 5th, 2014

Hi there.

So it's been a pretty dramatic week. Transfer news: I'm staying in Tortola and Sister B__ is leaving after all. I’ll miss working with her. But I’ll be training again and so I am okay with it. She’s already been in the field for 6 weeks, I’m just finishing her 12 week training. Hopefully she’s cool because it’s hard being stranded on an island and it would be even harder being stuck with someone I don’t get along with. But I’m sure we will be fine. Greenies are super flexible and that’s why I think I like them the most.
 

We found out about President Smartt too. (Released due to health issues with his wife.) I feel like you guys know more about what's going on in my mission than I do! So thanks for the updates, especially about the missionaries being reprimanded, that's definitely a juicy piece of gossip I didn’t hear about! Hahaha. No worries, I’m not planning on falling in love with anyone out here. Hahahahaha.

On a positive note, we have an investigator named R__ that’s preparing for baptism in 2 weeks. She is married and has 2 little boys who will make 2 adorable missionaries someday. Hopefully her husband will follow suit soon after. It’d be fun to baptize a family. She’s super great though.

We met with S__ this week too and he’s been reading the Book of Mormon and loves it. He said he accepts the invitation to be baptized, he just needs to come to Church.

We went to a few beaches on p-day last week and they were beautiful. I buried myself in the sand for the first time, it made me feel claustrophobic, but it was fun. I am so excited for you guys to come and see this place, it’s so beautiful and the people are so great. I’m loving it!

About mothers day, I will probably be video chatting. I can do it anytime after 2 pm my time, we will be at a members house. My phone number on Tortola has changed, but I’ll probably be doing it via Google hangouts again because it seems to run better.

The package you sent did arrive, but I haven't picked it up yet. But thank you so much for sending it so soon.

Well, I think I’m just going to end this now. I am so excited to talk to you! Love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I've read a few of your blog posts and can't help but notice that you had some interactions with your mission president that would be considered unusual. Considering the fact that the church has now admitted that Smartt was acting in sexually inappropriate ways with sister missionaries, I have to ask if you know anything about that. The church is trying to cover it up. If you know anything that could shed some light on this, it could be invaluable to share. The church's habit of covering up sex assault/abuse scandals has lulled women/parents into believing that they/their children are safe when the church is calling rapists and molesters into positions of power and authority.

    This isn't about hurting the church - it's about keeping people safe. If you can shed any light on what happened, please do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete