Tuesday, June 4, 2013

#12 [Pontezuela - 10] June 3rd, 2013

Okay, I'm going to try to write this as quickly as I can, I decided to write to you guys first today because I felt like it, and because I was anxious to hear about you all! The sad thing is, I don't have time to read everything you send me, so I’m sorry that I’m going to be selfish in this email, and mostly just write about the gist of what’s all going on here.

We had an interesting thing happen last night. We went to bed like normal, and then at 11:30 pm I was woken up by a loud pounding on our door. It was two guys, I could hear them talking, and they were banging on the door really loudly. THEN! They came around to our windows, and started banging on those. Sis. Brotherson didn’t wake up, but I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do, especially because the phone was out in the front room, where the windows were, and I didn’t want them thinking we were in here. And so I woke Sis. Brotherson up, and she was scared, too, but then finally, they said, "Sister Erickson! Sister Brotherson! It’s your Zone Leaders! Are you there!?" And that calmed me down. I seriously thought we were going to be kidnapped or something. But they’d all been apparently trying to call us, but we’d left our phone out in the car, and I had just figured Sis. Brotherson had it, and she thought I had it, but when I went to bed, I didn’t know where it was, but I was too tired to search through her bag, so I figured it was there, and I’d hear the alarm go off in the morning. But we’d left it in the car, and so they’d all been trying to call us: our District Leader, the Zone Leaders, the Assistants to the president... ALL because they thought something bad had happened to us! And we had no idea! We felt so bad, they had called ward members, too, asking where we were, and when I went outside, two members were there, too. Sister B and I felt pretty bad, but we laughed for a long time about it, too. It was just an awkward situation, but it made me feel good to know they’d be freaking out that much if something HAD happened. But no worries, we’re pretty safe, even though we live in a ghetto neighborhood.

As far as our investigators go, we had a pretty disappointing turnout at Church yesterday. No one came. BUT one of our less-actives did! And she brought along her 8-year old grandkid. SO that was good. :)

But Faith isn’t doing so well; she’s really depressed, and she went to the hospital for treatment this past week. We're really worried about her. She’s not quite ready yet for her baptism, so we’re going to have to postpone that. I’m really sad about it.

And yes, it’s transfers this week, but we didn’t get interviewed by the President, so I don't have any idea what’s going on. There’s only the two of us here now, Sis. B and I. Sis. Tuitavake was transferred to the island of Antigua, and Sis. Felix's mission was changed to the Florida mission just because the hospital is closer there in case something else happens to her; but she’s perfectly safe and perfectly healthy as far as I know. We packed up her stuff this past week and sent it on to her.

We don’t have weekly service projects, no. But, I want to do one.

The meeting with Elder Cornish was good; he was kind of reprimanding us, but it was a good time anyway. I learned a lot, and have been applying what I'm learning. It was cool to meet him though. Isn’t he Mr. Cornish’s brother? (My 1st or 2nd grade typing teacher. Haha, it’s thanks to him I can type to you so quickly!!) Jokes, jokes. :)

And you are correct, I went to McD's last week and ate a lot of food. It was great. :) Hurray for getting fat! Not..

I'm reading Jesus the Christ, too, and I absolutely love it. And I'm obsessed with the New Testament. I just want to read the scriptures all the time... It’s kind of weird. WHY DIDN’T I DEVELOP THIS HABIT BEFORE!? It’s crazy how I think back on what I did before my mission and how much time I wasted on unimportant things. Studying Christ’s life is making me want to be like Him more and more each day.

We went to the DTOP today, the Driver’s License place today, after our Zone meeting. And we were there for FOUR hours. It was insane, absolutely insane. No organization whatsoever. No wonder the people here drive like crazies, the place where they get their licenses is, too. I’m sure that’s not the main reason, but still. I am amazed at how unorganized this place is.

Congratulations on Heather's new teeth; from what I could see from the pictures, they look good! She’s gonna be a babe.

Hope Joshy gets the job! And that’s great that Jason is getting baptized! HURRAY FOR BUILDING THE KINGDOM!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer; it’s super hot here, and then it rains and gets even hotter with the humidity. I miss the weather there, but it’s okay. I know when wintertime rolls around, I’ll be just fine being here.

Mom: I’m sorry to always ask for so much stuff, but could you send me a scripture case of some sort? I need something to protect my scriptures. Not the English quad, but my Spanish ones, the ones I bring around all the time. The BOM, D&C, and POGP are all in one, and then the Bible is separate. So if you could get me something that’ll hold and protect both of them, that’d help me a lot, because they’re already getting ruined, and I haven’t even been out for 6 months. No hurry, though.

Rachel is getting black! She needs to put on sunscreen so she doesn’t get cancer! I’ve been wearing it every day faithfully, and I’m not getting darker at all, which is fine. I like being different. And be proud, I STILL haven’t missed a day flossing. :) I’ll keep you updated about that.

I love and miss you all, and hope you all have a good week, but I’ve gotta go now. Keep being awesome, and thanks for everything! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment