Monday, September 2, 2013

#25 [Cidra - 1] Sept. 2nd, 2013

Hello, everyone!

Happy Labor Day! Gosh it’s been a crazy past few days! Okay, wow, where to begin? We don’t have a car in our area yet, so we’re living in Caguas and have to drive to our area every day. It’s about a good 45 minutes away. But anywho... We got to Caguas after all the craziness of transfers on Wednesday, and we got the car later that evening. Unfortunately, it’s not one of the new Chevy’s though. I got demoted to a 2012 Toyota. But I’m not complaining, at least we have a car and air conditioning. After buying some food for the week, we went to our area, even though we had NO idea how to get there or where we were going. We didn’t have an area book yet, and didn’t know any members, so we just went, “not knowing beforehand what [we] were to do,” like, Nephi. :) We ended up getting lost, and I feel like that’ll be the story for a good two weeks or so until we familiarize ourselves with the area.

Hermana S is my new companion, my new child. Hehe. And she’s really great. It’s nice to have a new companion, and that’s all I’m going to say. She and I are getting along just fine. It’s a humbling experience, being a trainer. I am excited about this area, it’s GORGEOUS, and the climate is great. I’ll actually get to use the cardigans I brought! Hurray!
New companion -- New city


We went to Church yesterday (obviously) and met all the ward members. I’m really excited about this ward and feel like it’s going to progress a lot. There were about 56 people there, about the same number in attendance as in Pontezuela. All of the members were excited to be having sister missionaries there again, though. I think having a set of both Elders and Sisters will do a lot for this ward.

We got our Area Book and it was completely worthless. So due to the fact that our Area Book hasn’t been touched in about 3 years, we’ve done lots of contacting in the past few days, so sorry I don’t have any crazy stories for you yet, but I’m sure they’ll be in abundance soon. Oh wait. I’ve got one. So we got a phone call from one of the contacts we made, it was super awkward because we think he was drunk when he made the call, but he asked us if we could get married while out on the missions. When we said no, he was really disappointed. I’m not going to translate everything that he said, but honestly, I feel bad for people that drink like that. I’m thankful for the Word of Wisdom that prevents us from living sad, nasty lives! BUT the majority of the people that live in Cidra are very, very blessed. We have met a lot of good people, too.

Anyway, Hermana S is doing well, she’s a powerful missionary and she’s happy to be here. She is really easy-going and I really appreciate that about her. I just hope I can be the best example for her!
 

Cidra "The Town of the Eternal Spring"
Hermana G keeps me informed on everything happening in Pontezuela. R got baptized yesterday. J baptized him, and I’m sad to have missed such a cool experience. I’m happy though about the work I did in Pontezuela and will miss that area and the ward a lot. R will be getting baptized next Sunday. After seeing R get baptized, he said, “I’m ready! I want to be baptized on Sunday!” So it’ll be awesome. Wish I could be there, but I’m needed here now. I don’t know who will baptize him, but I am just so happy and feel so blessed to have been part of their lives. Hna. G said she’ll send me the picture from the baptism yesterday, but I still haven’t received it, so I can’t send it on.

Everyone in the family looks nice. The Farley Fam Reunion looks like it was a lot of fun. Everyone’s growing up! How’s Lyndsee doing? Does she like school? And how is John’s baby? Hope everyone’s doing well!

Happy Grandparent’s day on Sunday! (You aren’t grandparents yet, but it’s still a holiday). Give Grandma Farley and Grandma and Grandpa Erickson hugs for me!

 Well anyways, I’m gonna try to connect my camera now to send some pictures of Cidra! It’s SO pretty. People ride horses all the time here. They like to dress up really nice and strut around on their horses. Man, if I weren’t on a mission, that’s what I’d do here, too FOR SURE. Hahaha, it’s so silly!

Okay, well, bye! Infinite x’s and o’s. :) (Mom: oxoxoxox)

-Hermana Erickson


No comments:

Post a Comment