Thursday, August 29, 2013

#24 [Pontezuela - 22] Aug. 26th, 2013

I found out last night that I’m being moved. I’ll be going to a place called Cidra and will be training a new missionary. They haven’t bought the house yet, so I’ll be living outside my area and driving to my area every day. I’ll be living in Caguas. I don’t know who will be my companion, but I am excited for a change. I am excited and honored to know that the Lord trusts me enough to open a new area AND to train again! I like training and I am thankful that He trusts me enough to work with the new missionaries! :) I am excited to meet my new companion. I don’t know who it is, but I am excited for her and hope we’ll find a bunch of success in our new area! The name "Cidra" reminds me of Cedar City. Makes me miss it. :) But whatever.

It was funny though because Hna E (one of the sisters in Pontezuela) got a call on Saturday night from our District Leader that said SHE was being transferred. Apparently she didn’t hear the Zone Leader correctly. But, so on Sunday she was saying her goodbyes and what not to the members and taking pictures and everyone was sad that she was leaving and glad that I was going to be staying because everyone thought I’D be going since I’d been here the longest. But then last night, right when Hna. G and I had spent two hours doing our weekly planning, I got a phone call from the Zone Leader and he said I was going. I was in shock. I haven’t said goodbye to anyone. I’m kinda sad about it, but I think it’s better this way. I just can’t imagine how hilarious it’ll be when Hna E shows up at Church. Everyone will wonder what happened. We laughed really hard about it. I’ll miss the people and the ward, but I am excited for a change. It’ll be difficult, but whoever said I wanted it to be easy? :) The hard things are what make us grow. It’s been tough with Hna. G, but I can say I’ve learned SO SO much from her and am glad I stuck it out.

We had another appointment this week with C, the guy who doesn’t have a leg. It would be really life-changing for him to be baptized, and I hope he accepts the Gospel. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. I love the Plan of Salvation, I think it’s amazing to know that God loves us enough to think of every detail so perfectly, and how He prepared away for an escape from literally everything that could and would happen to us here on earth. The more I teach about the plan the more I grow to understand and love it. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven who cares so much about my eternal progression. I don’t know when C will be coming to church; I’m not sure how seriously he’s taking all of this, but I really hope he will change his life. I know it will bless him. But that’s the hardest part about missionary work; people’s agency. THEY get to choose what they think is best for them.

R is really excited for his baptism this next Sunday. I was, too, until I found out I’m being transferred. BUT I know he is well prepared and will do great things for the ward. He’s a very special man and I am thankful to have been able to help him along has path to conversion. He has a lot of necessity, but I know that the ward will benefit from serving him, too. I had been looking forward to helping clean his house, because he is a hoarder, and has a lot of things he doesn’t need. I’m not sure how he accumulated so much "stuff," but I was excited to help him clean it out after his baptism. But I guess I’ll get to hear about it from Hna. G. :)

R is excited to be baptized, too. We’re planning on his baptism this coming Sunday, too. TWO baptisms in one day! Hurray! Honestly, Hna G is going to rock this area; there are SO many less-actives here, and she can relate to so many of them and bring them back to the fold. She will do great things. It’s been a privilege to serve with her.

We planned a Ward Talent show for September. The ward members are super excited about it and I can’t wait to hear how it goes. I’m sad I'll be missing out.

Random accomplishment: I finished the Book of Mormon :) I’m starting over again, too! Hurray for scriptures! How are you guys coming along in your nightly readings as a fam bam?

They replaced our old white Toyota Corolla 2011 with a brand new Chevy Cruze 2014. It’s SUPER nice. Reminds me of the Ford Focus, they’re really similar. Whenever I’m in it I feel like I’m back at home because the interior is really similar.

We had a FHE at J’s house with R, and two members of the ward. It was a lot of fun. Y, one of the members, taught about Revelation. It was a really good lesson. It made me miss home a bit because we hardly ever get to have FHE as missionaries. But R enjoyed it a lot. We played Jenga afterwards and I ended up knocking the tower over. But to celebrate, we ate chocolate cake. —It’s the SAME chocolate cake as the one at Sam’s Club, Mom!!! It was a dream come true!! :) The highlight of my week... Jokes :)

I’ll reply to your email now! —  I can’t believe that school started this week! It’s crazy how quickly summer seemed to pass by. I'm proud that Joshy is taking 4 AP classes AND early-morning seminary.

JOSH, learn your Scripture Mastery like a boss. It’ll help you a ton! At least try to pay attention to where they are in the scriptures, like I did. :) And READ your scriptures! Start preparing now for your mission! NO GIRLFRIENDS. You’re a babe, so be careful! Hehe :) I’m proud that Josh is working so much.

HEAD! Congrats on making the volleyball team! You’re going to do so great! It’s not easy, but it’s definitely worth it! Lots of fun. Why do you go by Elena in your Spanish 4 class at the High School? Is that some sort of joke?

Mom, I want all of my MercyMe music, if possible. And MoTab, of course. :) Really anything you’ll send me will be accepted. Even Saturday’s Warrior! :) - I’m not kidding. And no worries, I’m done with buying stuff at WalMart.

Tell Kelton I say HI! (And Welcome Home, obviously). I’m proud of him for serving so faithfully! HURRAY FOR RETURNED MISSIONARIES!

Also, how’s Grandpa Erickson doing? I had a dream about him the other night.

Well anywho, that’s about it. Can't wait to email you next week and tell you about everything! I have no idea what to expect! But I’m excited!

Love you all! Bye!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment