Wednesday, October 16, 2013

#31 [Cidra - 7] Oct. 15th, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! I LOVE YOU!

So I'm sure you guys weren't that worried that I didn't write yesterday, but I'll give you the reason why anyway. Yesterday morning, our district helped a few members out in the community by laying concrete! IT WAS SO COOL! I'd never done it before, but I felt like a MAN! (And I still feel like a man because my back hurts today.) BUT it was a really cool experience. We got four references from it, too, so we'll see how that goes.

This week has been a really good one, Hermana Sosa and I felt like we did a lot. We taught the first lesson about the Restoration probably 20 times I feel. But it was good because we're finding a lot of investigators. We did a lot of contacting too, and for the first time, we had DOGS chase us! Seriously, I've never been so scared in my life. And I don't know what impelled them to stop, but there were like 5 of them and they all stopped and turned around at the same time. It was a Christmas miracle. :) And when we went back to the car and drove past the same spot, they were NOWHERE to be found! Hermana Sosa and I felt like God was protecting us for sure.

I learned how to make Puerto Rican rice last Monday at E__s' house. I need to practice, obviously, but when I get home, get ready for some rice and beans! :) But the rice and beans here are super good. I dunno what it is —  well, NOW I do! — but I like it.

Anyway, I'll tell you a little about our investigators right now. On my birthday, we contacted a guy on the street that makes maracas and he gave us some for free! And we gave him a Book of Mormon. We came back a week later and he said his wife was reading and that we were welcome to stop by their house. So we went on Saturday to visit T__ and his wife, D__. We taught the Restoration to the two of them. D__ is a solid Catholic, she's got Virgin Mary statues and pictures all over her house. She even invited me to sit in front of the huge picture of the Virgin and "look into her eyes at her beautiful gaze." I did it to be nice, but didn't feel anything all that special. But when we shared about Joseph Smith's first vision, the Spirit was so powerful and you could tell D__ and T__ were amazed. She said she'd continue reading and praying to know if it's true. I'm excited to go back. They also said they'd stop by the Church. So we'll see!

Thanks for keeping me updated about the fambam and what not. It was fun to see all the pictures of Disneyland!


Dad! Your comments in your Emails are so hilarious! People look at me like I'm so weird when I open my Email because I laugh so much!

Congratulations on your upgrade at the Anaheim hotel! Definitely a tender mercy from the Lord!

Can we go to Oceanside when I get back? I wanna go and eat some popcorn chicken on the dock.

I can't believe you went to D__'s sacrament meeting! How's he doing? I haven't heard from him in a long time!

Well anyway, I don't really have that much to say. I am so happy to be a missionary. It’s amazing to see how much the Lord loves us every single day. I am so thankful to have been born into the gospel and to have had it all my life. I am so happy to know that I get to live with you guys forever. I can't imagine a heaven without you. I love you so much. Dad, I hope you get my birthday card upon your return home. Be safe! LOVE YOU!

-Hermana Erickson #2

No comments:

Post a Comment