Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#33 [Cidra - 9] Oct. 28th, 2013

Hi family!

I'll start out by replying to your email! Thanks for writing to me and Rach in so much detail! It's like we're there! I love it. Thank you for your support.

I didn't know Joshy was in the ceramics class! How fun! I loved ceramics! Can't wait to see what cool stuff he makes!

Mom, I hope your jury duty case is exciting. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it next week!

So, it was an ugly week and I'm glad we get to start a new one.

This week my testimony was really strengthened about the Priesthood. I feel like I've been learning so much about it ever since I've been out here and I am so thankful to have grown up in a home where half the people living there are worthy priesthood holders! I can't believe I didn't ask for blessings more often. But I will when I get home! Thank you for being worthy, Dad, Jeff, Joshy, and Jaker (someday soon!). I love you guys so much!

Okay. So where to begin!? On Monday night we had a super great lesson with E__ and his family. We pretty much did a FHE thing, and we taught about service. Then they all drew names and their assignment was to do a random act of service for the person they picked WITHOUT revealing who did it for whom. So we're going back tonight to see how it went. They LOVED it. Tonight we'll be teaching about honesty. We played Trouble though that evening and I DOMINATED! They kept saying, "Erickson is really lucky," and all this stuff. I just smiled because I know who I get my luck from. :) (Hope I make you proud, Dad!)

We had interviews with President Smartt on Wednesday and that was super good. It was my very first one with him and it came at the perfect time for me. We were supposed to have interviews last week, but it didn't work out, I'm glad, looking back. President Smartt is seriously so awesome and I am so thankful to have him as our mission president. I feel like things in the mission are improving a lot. We all respect him and look up to him a lot.

SUNDAY was the best day of the week because we had FIVE investigators come to Church! Count 'em! FIVE!!! C__, W__, (he can't pronounce my name, so he calls me Erica, it's funny and I don't have the heart to correct him every time) E__ and her daughter, and a young man named M__. I can't remember exactly, but I think that's the most I've ever had come to Church at one time! And it was the Primary program, too. I had to teach the Gospel Doctrine class even though I didn't prepare anything. (I dunno why, but all the missionaries in my District always pick me to do everything and I wish they'd step up and be men once in a while and actually do something...) But the class went well anyway. And the Primary program made me so happy! It was very well done and I loved every second of it, even though I had a hard time staying awake. :)

We got a new next-door neighbor on Saturday. He's a 7th-Day Adventist and he doesn't eat pork! He was surprised to meet sister missionaries, he thought the Church only sent out young men. But he's a nice guy, going through a really sad divorce, so he came to O__'s to chill a bit. When we met him outside his house, he was reading the Bible. So special. :)

Well anyway, that's pretty much about as exciting as it gets. Love you all and I hope you have a happy, safe, week! Keep being member missionaries and being examples to everyone! I LOVE YOU!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment