Monday, December 9, 2013

#39 [Cidra - 15] Dec. 9th, 2013

Holla!

HAPPY 1-YEAR MARK TO RAE! I'm so proud of you!

HAPPY 1-WEEK MARK TO TIFF! I'm so proud of you, too!

HAPPY 1/2WAY MARK TO ME! I'm proud of myself. :)

So it's been a good week, I really can't believe it's already P-day. I feel like the weeks go by so quickly! And I really can't believe it's been a year already since I went though the temple and since Rae left... But I'm happy to be here regardless of how absolutely exhausted I am! :)

We went out contacting a bunch this week, despite the rain. It was POURING ALL WEEK; my clothes NEVER dried... Being out here sure makes me thankful for a clothes dryer.

So my District Leader asked me to teach in District meeting this past week and we just so happen to have the Zone Leader in our District as well, and Elder Kraft (the DL) said that Elder Mena (the ZL) wanted to "learn something good" this week, so Elder Kraft said I could pick the topic. So I decided, based on Elder Mena's tall order, to choose the topic: How the mission prepares us for MARRIAGE!! You should've seen their faces when I stood up and started talking! Hahahaha I died. But it actually turned out to be an awesome lesson and everyone was saying how much they learned and all that. I like teaching a lot.

Yesterday for Church, President Smartt came to our ward because our Bishop invited him and his wife to speak. This ward needed help BAD in their ward council meetings; all they ever talk about during the meetings is ARGUE about which ward activities they'll do next, we don't even get to say a word about our investigators or our recent converts' needs. But President Smartt helped a lot yesterday and I'm excited to see how the ward will progress in the next few months I'm here.

So the Puerto Ricans celebrate a TON, and every pueblo has it's own plaza with a big Catholic cathedral in the center. For Christmas, they decorated the plaza; it reminded me of the temple grounds in Salt Lake (but obviously not as pretty), and they had a lighting party this weekend. Hermana Archila and I went to contact and we found some awesome people that way. We also got to see chicken fights, and I bought a cool souvenir that I'll probably send back home.

So President Smartt just informed me that he's sending me to the island of Tortola on Wednesday. I'll be there till Saturday and will be working with Hermana Burgess. I'm super excited to be preaching the Gospel in English for the first time! This trip couldn't have come at a better time since I've been getting bored of the normal routine. But I'll be celebrating my 9-month mark on the island! Woo hoo! :) And Dad, it's not a vacation. I'll still be contacting and teaching, just in a different place and in a different language! I'm STOKED! :)

We found a coqui in our shower today. Well, really, I found it, since I was the one showering. Not sure where it came from or how it got in, but it was cool.

I'm happy to hear the ward Christmas activity went well! That's great news! Congrats to you, Mom and Dad, for working so hard! The ward is very lucky to have such devoted members like yourselves! I'm so proud to call you my parents! :)

I'm glad to hear Head's singing performance went well. Can't wait to hear how she sings! Head! We can sing a duet in Sacrament meeting when I get home! Deal? And you definitely should've taken Isabelle's offer. She's SO HILARIOUS!

Sorry to hear about Bamboo Hut closing. It's okay though since I don't want them to cater my wedding anymore. I want arroz and habichuela! (rice and beans) Jokes :) But be sure to eat a lot for me! And maybe save some in the freezer! (Would it still be good by the time I got home!?!)

Jeff! How's the shoulder doing? How's the dating life? Dad! UPDATES! 

Love you all lots and lots and I hope you all have a good, safe week. Miss you and think of you often, but I'm not jealous of the cold weather. Be safe driving around, too! Until next week,

-Hermana Erickson #2

No comments:

Post a Comment