Friday, December 27, 2013

#41 [Cidra - 17] Dec. 23rd, 2013

Happy Christmas, Harry!

Okay, so there's not much to say since I'll be talking to you in less than TWO days! I'm so excited! We'll be going to E__ and M__'s house to do it, and so I will be able to Google Hangout with you! If plans change, I'll let you know. We'll work it out! :) But I am so excited! 12 p.m. your time. Be there. I'll try to be. :)

We have a ton of things planned for this week; we'll be going to the President's house for dinner tomorrow night so we're excited; our District is preparing a song/dance thing for them or something. I dunno. But it'll be good I think. We also did a gift exchange and so that was something fun we did.

I'm sorry I'm lame and didn't send you anything for Christmas.

Speaking of marriage... Happy Anniversary this past week! I'm so proud of you for getting married and having us as your children! :) You guys are great!

It's actually been "cold" here for the past few days. It's a rough winter; around the low 70's. It's great! :)

I haven't received any packages yet, we'll be getting all the mail from this past month tomorrow at President's house. But thanks in advance!! :)

Our Ward Mission Leader and his family took us bowling today, that's why I'm emailing so late. But it was a ton of fun. It was nice doing something out of the ordinary.

O__, our landlord, is out of town this week and so we're in charge of feeding and giving water to his chickens.

On Friday, we had a stake Christmas party and Hermana Archila and I participated in it. Our ward represented Spain and we sang some Spanish Christmas carols: Peces en el rio and Campana sobre campana! I knew both of them thanks to the Spanish Immersion program! It really brought back good memories. :) Thanks so much, Mom and Dad, for forcing me to take the Spanish Immersion program. I really am so so thankful to know a second language.

Oh, and today, we went to fill up on gas, and there wasn't ANY gasoline to be found! It's like the economy is crashing here or something... We drove all the way to Caguas to get some. And did you guys hear about the teacher riot here!? I feel like the end of the world is coming upon us. So many crazy things happening in the world! Thank heavens we have the gospel!

Well anyway, I'm sorry but this is going to be a lame email! I love you and can't wait to see you all on Christmas! Not sure if I'll cry or not, but I'm excited! I LOVE YOU! HAPPY CHRISTMAS! :)

-Hermana Erickson

I forgot to mention this part in my letter.


A__ L__, a recent convert, really made me so thankful that I came out on a mission this week because of what he said to me. He said that he was so thankful to Heavenly Father for sending us to his doorstep the day that Hermana Sosa and I contacted him because he'd been so depressed. However, since he became a member of the Church and been reading the Book of Mormon, he's felt so much more peace in his life. He has a strong testimony of the Church and of the Book of Mormon. When I decided to come out on a mission, I promised myself I would try my best to find people whose testimonies would be anchored to the Book of Mormon; because that's the only thing in the Church that will never change: the prophet can change, the ward, the people, the missionaries... but the doctrine won't. And I love that about the Church. And when A__ L__ shared that with me, it made me so so happy because even though I haven't had as much success as I envisioned before, I kept my promise to myself. It feels so so so good to know that I've changed someone's life for the better.

True conversion, from anyone, is the best gift anyone can offer to Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I love this gospel more than anything; it's the best gift I've been given and I'm so thankful He chose me to come here and sent me to share it with others at this time in my life. Mom and Dad, thank you for making us read the Book of Mormon as a family and having family prayer almost every day. I am so thankful for that family tradition and I know it's because of that that I have such a testimony of the gospel and know so much about it. Thank you for teaching us from a young age and by example of the importance of the scriptures and prayer.

I'm out of time though, so I'll talk to you Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment