Tuesday, March 4, 2014

#51 [ST - 3] Mar. 3rd, 2014

Hello, family! I LOVE YOU!

This week was good. I was in Ponce, like I said I would be, and I worked with Hermana G__ for a whole day. That was interesting, but it was surprising because she's changed a lot in a very good way. So I was excited and it wasn't as bad as it used to be, so I was excited about that and very happy for her. She's a good missionary; always has been. Then, her companion, Hermana D__ came back and I worked with the two of them. It was good to see how they work. I love doing what I'm doing because I get to see how other missionaries teach and adapt my teaching if I like how they explain things. It's a lot of fun. It's crazy, too, because I've seen the Lord's hand with me in this calling: sometimes I have to say things to these girls that I don't know how to say, but somehow, the right words come out, and I feel the Spirit so strongly. It's really really cool and I'm really glad I'm doing this.

I came back to Fajardo on Friday to work with Hermana D__ again for the past few days. Her companion went home, so I'm just kind of her fill-in companion till we get things situated. Her Mom says she connected with you, Mom, through Missionary Moms or something. :) How special! But it's been good working with Hermana D__; we get along really well and I like her. But I like not really having a companion because it's fun knowing I'm getting switched around after a few days. It makes life WAY more interesting. I'll be going to St. Croix tomorrow to work with the sisters there till Thursday, if all goes as planned. I'm excited about that, because when we went last weekend we didn't stay with them or really get to see them at all. So we'll go see how they're doing.

So I have a few questions for you:
    •    What are some of my spiritual gifts?
    •    What are some of the spiritual gifts that I've acquired here on the mission that you can see in me?

Anyway. I did know Tori's grandfather; that's so sad that he passed away. He was a really good man and I hope their family is doing okay. Apparently his funeral is today, so I hope all went well and everyone is happy and at peace.

I found out last night that one of my investigators from Cidra is getting baptized on Sunday. His name is J__, I'm not sure if I wrote to you about him, but I'm going to try to go if I can. (Depends on where I am!) So I might be in Cidra again this weekend.
 

I'm proud of Head for getting her Patriarchal Blessing! I'm glad to know you're getting married someday to a man in a temple! That's great news! Dad, just because Mom's blessing doesn't mention you, that doesn't mean you aren't an important part in her life!! LOVE YOU!! <3

Jeff, congrats on getting into the Chinese internship! That's exciting! You're going to have a blast!! I went to Panda Express this past week and thought of you. :) Since I'm on the road a lot, I eat out because I don't have a place to buy groceries or cook. I really hope I don't get fat... But anyway. That's my life right now. Super weird and I feel like I'm not really a missionary. It's kinda cool though.

I'm sorry this email is super lame; I forgot my journal in the house at Fajardo, so I can't remember everything I did this past week, but I know it was a good one.

OH! We had Stake Conference here in San Juan this weekend. Elder Cornish was there, and it was really cool. He has a Dominican accent, and it made me excited to talk to Rach when we're both home because we're both going to have funny accents. Lots of people this week were asking me if I was from Central America or something because I DON'T SOUND LIKE A GRINGA ANYMORE!!! I'm SO SO SO happy about it! And super excited!! I just want to be Boricua. I can get away with it almost. :)

Well anyway, I'm done now I think. Have a good week and I miss you and love you a lot! I pray for you all. TAKE CARE!!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment