Tuesday, March 18, 2014

#53 [ST - 5] Mar. 17th, 2014


I can't believe I've been gone for a whole year!
 

A flower that's currently blooming at O__'s house. It only blooms at 6:30 pm and then the flower falls off the tree the next day. SUPER GORGEOUS, right!?!?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHY!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WHOLE WORLD WHO HAS A LUMPING BIRTHDAY IN MARCH!!! I hope everyone has had/will have good birthdays. MOM! Congratulations about getting a free trip to Disneyland!! Can I go!?!?!?!!

So my life is crazy I feel, but I really love my life anyway because it keeps things interesting. I really can't believe how quickly time is flying. I got my hair cut on Tuesday and the girl chopped a TON off. But that's okay because hair grows... But I'm kinda sad about it because it was so long... :(

This past week, I went down to Mayaguez and worked there for a few days. Ever since the beginning of my mission I've had these fantasies about working there, but after visiting, I realized I am SO glad I don't live there because I didn't like it at all. It rained like every other 3 hours and we contacted EVERY day I was there. Now I don't mind contacting, but I don't like doing it ALL LUMPING DAY. And that's what we had to do because the sisters there don't like contacting (they aren't doing all that much down there apparently) and didn't have any investigators. So we had to find a bunch for them. And we did! It was really cool. We met a lady named R__ who lived in New York for a while and she let us in and told us a long time ago, some missionaries had come to teach her and they stopped coming for some reason and when she saw us she thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses, but then she saw me and since I'm a "gringa," she knew we were Mormons. It was funny, but thanks to my white skin she let us in. :) I have a feeling she'll progress and get baptized, too, because she said she's been looking for a Church to join and just wants to find the right one. She's never been to ours, though, and she was supposed to go yesterday.

I left Mayaguez on Saturday morning and drove ALL day long because I was supposed to go to take a flight to Antigua to visit Hermana A__ and Hermana G__ over there until Wednesday. But that didn't happen because I got stuck in traffic and missed my flight. I felt SO SO bad. So instead of going to Antigua, I went down to Cidra and worked there for a day. I am SO glad I went down there because I got to show Hermana A__ where some of the less actives live in Cidra that I couldn't show them last time I was there. We went to visit one of them and she's been sick for like two months straight and apparently, no one has been to visit her and so when we walked in the door, she started bawling and was so glad that the Lord had answered her prayers. And another less active family was so happy to see us because they said they'd been thinking of us that day and wondering what had happened/why we hadn't gone to visit in so long. So I know the Lord answered these people's prayers by not sending me to Antigua (even though President Smartt was probably way ticked that I'd missed the flight). I went to Church yesterday in Cayey and it was so good to see all the members. I love the people in that ward so so much.

So about coming home early... I don't think I will. Especially because if classes start on August 25th, I've missed the first day of school anyway and that's the best part of starting a new semester!! But really, I don't want to come home, so I'll just put it off for as long as possible. :) And I don't want to start school stressed out so I'll take the fall semester off and start in the spring. I gotta take some time and get back into the boringness of normal life.

To answer the question about if I have a companion yet... Apparently I'll be having a companion for a week straight, but I don't know who it'll be. But that'll just be until transfers, and we have transfers next week, so I have no idea what'll be happening. There's only one Sister missionary coming in that I know of, so we'll see who she'll be with. The mission is crazy right now. Wish I could tell you all the details, but even I don't know what's going on. I'm going into the mission office today, so maybe I'll finally meet Mr. B__'s brother! Hahaha.

Well anyway, I'm sorry this email isn't all that exciting, but I love you all so much and I'm so happy to be doing this. I love the mission and I'm so thankful I came. I'm learning so many great things and I feel like I'm becoming a better person. I had a very spiritual experience yesterday while taking the Sacrament in Church by really paying a lot of attention to the sacramental prayer. I love knowing that we're clean when we feel the Holy Ghost in our lives. That's something that I've learned lately: the Lord has forgiven us if we can feel His Spirit. It's so simple to receive a remission of sins but sometimes, we feel like we have to suffer for a long time in order to be worthy to receive it, when really, the Lord is ready and willing to forgive us as soon as we are willing to forgive ourselves. The Lord can't do anything for us unless we allow Him to do so. We have such a loving, perfect Heavenly Father and I'm so thankful I am learning so much about Him at this time in my life. The Gospel is beautiful and I love its simplicity. I know it's true.

Well I love you! Have a good week and be safe please!

-Hermana Erickson

Mission humor -- luckily it's not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment