Monday, April 7, 2014

#56 [Tortola - 2] Apr. 7th, 2014

My goal is to talk like a Tortolian by the time I see you guys. :) (guessing it's Mother's Day?)


Plane ride to Tortola (Mar. 26th)
I feel like the weeks are going by so much faster now that I'm out here, stranded on an even smaller island! But I really like it so far. I haven't contracted a case of cabin fever yet, either.

We're in the process if finding new investigators right now. We found a guy named A__ who is a gangster. He is reading the Book of Mormon and says that when he finds out if it's true he'll be baptized.


We have 3 baptismal dates right now, so that's exciting news. I love being companions with Sister Butler, she's so much fun and I feel like she's so much like Rachel. I feel like I say that every week, but it's fine. Sister Butler is getting me to start a diet with her because she wants to lose weight and we feel like the 30 minutes of exercise doesn't do enough.


We're working with the youth of the branch because there are a lot of less actives. It's amazing though how many youth there are. Sister Butler says that she and Sister Burgess couldn't get many of them to open up and talk to them before, but for some reason, they're talking to me, so that's a blessing. I'm glad I can get to know them and win their trust. They have amazing potential and will strengthen the Branch a lot if they go on missions and live righteously and raise their future families in the gospel. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a ward here eventually. Even within the next 5 years! :)

W__, our Dominican investigator, is excited to be baptized this weekend, along with a young lady named M__. They'll be baptized on Saturday. M__'s mom was recently baptized, so they're both just really excited about the church.

General Conference was great. We met up at the meetinghouse and watched it. The internet was having problems for the first session on Saturday, so we only got to listen to it instead of seeing the video, but that was better than nothing. I wanted to talk to Dad SO bad because I knew he'd know what to do! But we got it figured out. I loved all the talks and felt the Spirit so strongly. I love the way lds.org has made it possible to post things online promoting General Conference and all these other meetings. It's a great way to invite people!

That's exciting news about everyone's mission calls! I'm so happy about all the youth in our ward! They're all wonderful! Which school is Joshy going to, again? I don't remember. Congrats to him on winning the Spirit Bowl!! Also, when is Rae's come home date!!?

I got SUPER trunky reading about the Family Plans for December. Just thought I'd let you know. :) I'm WAY excited for that!! :) Especially if we come to church here in Tortola, all the Branch members will be so excited; they LOVE it when tourists come visit! We had a group of them come in for Conference yesterday and it was fun. They were going to take a picture with me and send it to you guys, but we didn't end up doing it. Sister Butler and I can spot the tourists from a mile away (with their sunglasses and backpacks and sandals and Hawaiian shirts) so I'm excited to come back and actually BE one of them. ;) Hehe. Okay. Trunky moment over.
 

I'm excited to hear about Jeff's China adventure. Is he nervous?!? I'd be nervous. How long will he be gone?

Well anyway, I love you all so much and miss you and pray for you. Continue being wonderful!

Here's a few pictures. Enjoy!

-Sister Erickson


No comments:

Post a Comment