Thursday, August 21, 2014

#74 [Ponce - 11] Aug. 11th, 2014

(Received on 18th)

I haven't got my travel plans yet, but I'll just take your word for it. That's so weird! I'm so excited to see you guys!

To answer your question, yes, we got the package! The ring fits my companion perfectly and she likes the sweaters! I didn't take a picture yet, but we will next week for sure! Thank you so much for that! She loves it.

Hahah, Dad, you're so funny, about how many people will be in sacrament meeting. :) But I'm sure there will be about 300... Hehehe jokes. :)

This week was funny. We went to a members' house this week for Family Night and when they met Sister Dye's new companion, they called her "Wendy" because she has red hair and had it in pig tails. But anyway, "Wendy" was the very first thing they said to her, and then they made all these jokes about how if we go to Wendy's and what not, we'll get free food cuz she looks "just like her!" It was a really funny joke. I don't think she got offended, but Puerto Ricans just like to speak their mind. :)

We went contacting in a place we'd never gone before, and we found some new people to teach! A__ and M__, it's a husband and wife, and they're 7th Day Adventists, but they're super cool because they listen. We have an appointment with them next week and I'm excited.

We had interviews with President Boucher this past week, too. Mine was short, he just said I'll be having another interview in about three weeks, so there was really no need to say much this time. He just told me to focus! (I should've told him that my eye doctor said that "Focus" is my middle name! Hehe). But he's a nice guy. Too bad I won't get to know him better.

Okay! Great news! We have two baptismal dates! August 23rd! L__, who actually picked his own date! And R__! He came to Church again yesterday too, and loves it. L__ left to Florida this morning for a job interview, so if he gets the job, he's going to get baptized here and go back. He was nervous that the Church wasn't in Florida, but it is! And even better, there's a temple! So he's excited for his baptism. He's still struggling to give up smoking, though. That's my only worry. Haha, during our last lesson this week, he had been reading online about Mormons a bit, and he asked us about he "Magic Clothing" we use. It was kinda awkward because he asked, "Do you guys use it!?" But we explained what it is and he was fine with it. He's super cool.

R__, though, is good. He's keeping the Word of Wisdom, and just progressing slowly. So hopefully he'll be able to learn everything well enough for the baptismal interview.

N__ isn't progressing. She says she'll come to Church and we find her rides but then she never answers the door when we go to get her. So we've decided to give her a break. Her twins are starting school this week and so maybe after the whole school excitement dies down, she'll be more prepared.

We participated in a community project thing where we handed out backpacks to "less-fortunate" kids. I say "less-fortunate" because the people who live in government housing aren't less fortunate at all. They don't pay for anything, WE do, and they buy brand-name stuff with the money they do have. All have iPhones and what not. So I feel like the Church wasted the money doing that, and it was poorly planned, because we didn't know about it until Wednesday, AND classes started TODAY, so I'm 110% sure they already had backpacks for school. But whatever, they have a new dust collector. The coolest thing about it was, Minnie and Mickey Mouse showed up! Holla! I took a picture with Sister Leonardo's camera, but I can't send it to you cuz it's broken now. Oh well. I guess we'll have to take one when we go to Disneyland, right?? Hehe.

We had a good lesson with C__, she's been reading and what not, but I'm not sure what her motives are, so we've gotta have a good "Come to Jesus" talk with her to see where she sees this all going. We've explained where we expect this all to lead to, but who knows what she thinks. It was a good lesson though this week because we got there just in time; she was crying because she'd just found out that her sister-in-law is dying. So she was really sad and we were thankful that we could be there for her. She's such a nice lady.

Well anyway, I love you guys and miss you so much! I'm happy you're all doing well and are all happy. Keep being awesome and keep doing the good things we know we're supposed to do! I love you!

Also, if you have time, you can go to Jacob's wedding reception.


Well, bye!

-Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment