Monday, August 25, 2014

#76 -- [Ponce - 13] Aug. 25th, 2014

3 days! 3 days!

Congrats to Head on her first day of HIGH SCHOOL! Holla! I feel like I was just barely starting there... That's exciting. 

Haha, DAD! You're trunkier than I am! I love you and can't wait to see you! Well, not just him, obviously, I'm excited to see you all. Thanks so much for writing to me throughout my mission and for all your support. I can't wait to tell you all about everything I've learned!! I know this Gospel is true and I know the Church is true! I wouldn't trade my testimony of these things for anything. I love being a member of Christ's Church. I feel so blessed to know the ins and outs of the Plan of Salvation; there are no loopholes. It is real, this Gospel is real, the Restoration is real, and I am so happy to be a part of it.

Also, I got the flight itinerary info. Thanks for sending that to me. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Now I know! I'm stoked to be flying again with Sister Cole! We came together and we're leaving together. Love her. 

We didn't have two baptisms like we'd planned; R__ backed out on the morning of the interview. We're not really sure why, Sister Leonardo plans to go back this week and see if he'll explain himself. But it just makes me sad knowing he won't be receiving the blessings of the Gospel yet. But, the Lord knows what He's doing. Hopefully we'll be able to find out what he needs. 

L__ was baptized, though, and it was SO awesome. I am so thankful I got to see one more baptism before leaving. It felt really amazing, seeing him go down into the water. He looked so.. clean. The only worry I have is that he moved to Florida this morning. I hope he'll be able to find the Church there. I'm sure he will, though. He was an amazing investigator, he reads EVERYTHING. He even read the pamphlets about preparing to enter the temple, even though he's not going, he knows he needs to work toward being worthy. It's been awesome too, to see him develop in his testimony of the Book of Mormon. That's been my main goal as a missionary, to help others see the truthfulness of that sacred record. I love that book with all my heart and hope to distill that within the hearts of those I have taught. I know it's true and I'm glad that he left knowing it, too. But you're right, maybe you'll be able to meet him when we go to Florida! I think that'd be cool!
 
We got soaked a few times this week because it's been raining like crazy! It's been a really nice break from the hot weather. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Friday evening it was scary, there were big thunderings and lightnings and Sister Leonardo is really scared of that, so we had to walk home in the pouring rain, and we sang hymns. We came to a flooded street and she said, "Sister Erickson, this is disgusting, we have NO idea what we're stepping in! There's DOG POO in this and who knows what else!" We smelled really bad when we got home. It was freezing cold, too. 

The bishop in my ward found out I was leaving this week so he was nice enough to let me have a few minutes in Sacrament meeting to say goodbye to the ward members. That's the first time I've ever been able to do that since I've just always been taken out of my areas by surprise. I didn't cry though. I'll miss it here, but I'm excited to come back, too. 

Well anyway, that's all I've got to say. I'll tell you more about life when I come home. SEE YOU SOON!! I love you! I'll probably call you when I'm at the airport in Texas. HOLLA!

-Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment