Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#73 [Ponce - 10] Aug. 4th, 2014

Dear family:
 

Yes, I AM COMING HOME AUGUST 28th. I don't have my travel plans, either, but the office elders told me two days ago that my ticket has been PURCHASED. Cha-ching! :) I'm so glad you all wanted me to come home in August (and that it conveniently works out with the wedding plans) because geeze, I miss you all!

What's up with all the new temple films? Why are they making so many? Is there some type of Church-wide competition to see who can make the best one!? Cant' wait to see all... ten of them!

Rae's costume was SICK! She looked so real! What a good little professor she made! This calls for a trip to Harry Potter World!! Sorry the butterbeer was a disappointment.

SMART PHONES!? Where'd my family go to!?!? Haha, jokes. I'm excited that everyone is happy with their new devices! How cool. I hope, though, that you guys are still using your scriptures like normal. No phones at Church! Not even to read the scriptures! Bring the traditional ones. Deal? Deal.

This week was slow, to be honest. The best thing about it was that L__ and R__ came to Church. N__ was supposed to come with her kids, but when we walked over to their house to wake them up/make sure they were getting ready, no one answered. When we went by later on, she said that her brother had come early to pick them up and take them to breakfast... But I could hear the fan was on in their front room where they all sleep... So I don't know what to believe. BUT the good thing is, R__ came for his first time! We didn't think he'd actually come, but when we went to pick him up with C__ and H__, he was waiting on the corner of the street for us! He's such a cute little old man! He doesn't know a lot about religion; we had to explain how to use the Book of Mormon again. But we know he doesn't have Alzheimer's or anything, and he wants to learn more. We re-taught the Restoration this past week with C__, and he understood it a lot better. We're excited about him.

L__ is doing well, he's about halfway through the Book of Mormon. He came to Church yesterday even though he'd worked the night before until 4 a.m. He's SO awesome! The only thing is, he still hasn't tried to quit smoking and he's going to Florida today for a job interview. He'll be gone till Sunday, so he won't be at Church. If he gets the job, obviously, he'll be moving to Florida... And who knows after that. But he's great. He's finding out for himself if the Book of Mormon is true, and I think he already knows. We just didn't get to see him this week because he's so tired during the day and has a lot of things to do for his kids as they're starting school this next week.

We visited some less-actives. There's a less-active here named L__ who served a mission. From the moment we met her, she's always glared at us and acted like she's to good to listen to what we have to say. We honestly go there to befriend her, not to teach her. We shared our testimonies with her yesterday about why we decided to serve missions. She warmed up a little bit after that. She has six kids and only one of them is active. I'm just thankful that my parents are faithful, active members of the Church and I plan to be the same, if not for my sake, then at least for my kids'. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for always encouraging us to go to Church even when we didn't want to. Thank you, Rach, for encouraging me to go to Church at school even though I didn't want to. I love you guys and wouldn't be here if it weren't for your example.

We went to M__'s yesterday to see her and her son. She's been reading, she's in 1 Nephi 10, but she's not necessarily interested in finding out if the Church is true. She listens to us because she can't go to her Church's bible studies classes on Thursdays and she figures our visits make up for that. So this next Sunday we plan to be very direct with her and if she doesn't understand or accept why we go there, we'll have to drop her. She's awesome and the experiences she shares with us make me feel the Spirit so strong. Her son died when he was 16 of a brain tumor and I KNOW he's accepted the gospel and wants her to do the same. So we'll see how things go next week.

Well anyway, this week should be awesome. We have interviews with President Boucher this week. I really like President Boucher. He's very aware of how we feel and making sure we're okay. I really appreciate that about him and his wife. We haven't been able to get rid of the bed bugs yet, so they're sending some people to the apartment today to basically wipe out whatever we've missed. I like to think we've cleaned the apartment for bedbugs really well, but these things just DON'T DIE!! It's frustrating. I don't have them in my bed, just Sister D__ and her newbie, Sister O__. Poor things.

Well I love you so much and miss you all a lot! I'm glad you're all happy and healthy. Where are you guys at in your family scripture reading of the Book Of Mormon? I wanna read along with you!

Have a happy week!

-Sister Erickson



No comments:

Post a Comment