Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#18 [Pontezuela - 16] July 15th, 2013

Okay, I’m going to be super fast because we don’t have ANY time today. I’m sorry for that, but here’s the biggest news:

We have a baptism this weekend; my very first one!! His name is J. and he is so awesome! I am so excited for him to be baptized and am so thankful to my Heavenly Father we found him! We contacted him while looking for his mom one day, cuz we’d contacted her in the street, but when we got to her house, she wasn’t there, but he was, and so we talked to him. He was really interested in the Book of Mormon, and invited us over two days later to talk more about it and to share the Gospel with him. He’s never been baptized, and he’s really excited to make his very first covenant with God. He loves Church, and is excited to serve. We taught him about callings in the church yesterday, and he was excited to receive one after his baptism! He really is so awesome and it’s been really cool to see him change his life. He doesn’t smoke, or drink, or drink coffee or tea, so it’s insane how easily he accepted all of the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. He was definitely prepared by the Lord. You could say he was already a member, he just hadn’t found his religion yet.

We had a weird thing happen this week, Pres. Smartt called and transferred Hna. Brotherson, and she’ll be serving in Mayaguez with my trainer, Hna. Flores. I’m not sure why they did transfers early, but I’m excited to be working in a three-some this week with Hermana G.and Hermana E. It’ll be a great learning experience. I’ll be working with Hna. G. for another six weeks, too. I’m thankful for her and am learning a lot.

Well, anywho, I didn’t have time to read your email, but I love you and hope all is well!

BYE!

-Hna Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment