Monday, November 4, 2013

#34 [Cidra - 10] Nov. 4th, 2013

Hi there!

This week was good, we taught a few new investigators that we're excited about, especially a young man named M__! He's one of the members' boyfriend, and he's been coming to Church for a while now, but we always assumed the Elders were teaching him, but turns out he's from Cidra! So we teach him now on Wednesdays at the Church. He's really awesome because he is super interested during the lessons, he asks questions, and reads the Gospel Principles book in between. And yesterday, he said he wanted to know what we'd be teaching him so he could read in advance and be prepared! I couldn't help but think, "WHO IS THIS GUY!?!" I've never met a young man so interested in spirituality! He's from a super Catholic family, but he's curious about the Church and is finding out the truth for himself. We're excited for him and I'm pretty sure he'll be getting baptized as soon as he's ready. He didn't accept a baptismal date. But hurray for member missionary work!

Another investigator we found about two weeks ago, R__, is super awesome. He's over 80 years old, but still completely sane, and has had so many gospel-related questions for so long and he's finally finding the answers! When we went three days after our first appointment with him, he'd already read from the introduction of the Book of Mormon all the way to 1 Nephi 8. For an 80 year-old, that's awesome! He has the sweetest personality and we're always so excited to teach him! He is so sassy! And he gives us ice cream sandwiches every time we visit him! It reminds me of Grandma and Grandpa Erickson's house because they used to give those to us. So happy :)

Another investigator, A__, came to Church yesterday for the first time! And he LOVED it! So we're excited because he's progressing and he isn't scared of getting baptized again, so that's good, too. We just have to set a date with him I think. He has developed a testimony of the Book of Mormon and since then, he's been progressing rapidly. We're almost done teaching him everything!

C__ called this past week a day after our appointment with him and said he didn't want to meet with us anymore, so I dunno what happened, but he said he has schizophrenia and is just waiting to die. It's a really sad situation, but he doesn't want help either. So that's the end of that. :(

Anyways, I'll reply to your email now! Thanks for writing to me so faithfully! You guys are great! (Mostly Dad!)

Halloween was SO different here. Apparently, it's super dangerous on Halloween, and people throw eggs or pumpkins at the windshields of the cars that drive by. People are also super drunk and super crazy and do awful things. So we weren't allowed to be out of doors after 6 p.m. Hermana Sosa and I enjoyed the evening by making chocolate chip cookies! They weren't as good as Mom's, but I know O__ (our landlord guy) likes them! :) But I thought of you guys on Halloween and I'm glad you guys had fun and carved pumpkins and what not. Did anyone dress up?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDMA ERICKSON two days ago!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MADELINE MARIE ASHCRAFT VANCE one day ago!

Wish Tiffanie good luck at her farewell this Sunday. I'll be thinking and praying for her and I hope she continues being a light to everyone she comes in contact with! :) I LOVE YOU TIFF!

Congratulations to (cousin) Ashley getting married!
 

Congratulations as well to Annie Woolley! I KNEW SHE'D MARRY JACOB COVEY!!!! I totally called it TWO whole years ago! :) Tell her somehow I say HI! Agh! That just makes me so happy!

Dad, I'll be sure to try to write more interesting things so you have some type of usable material for your next Elders Quorum address. :) They're not making you speak double time because you have TWO missionaries out, right? What's wrong with that!? :)

Thanks for the pictures of the dead mice! Super funny with the Book of Mormon. That is now my phone background. :) The rats here are HUGE! I see them all the time on the street. The other day, I saw a rat head on the ground (I'm guessing a cat ate the rest or something) and I thought about taking a picture of it next to a Book of Mormon, but I didn't have one.

Well anyways, I love you all so much and am so happy I get to live with you guys forever! Miss you so much and am so proud of all of you! Jeff, DON'T GET MARRIED BEFORE I GET HOME!

oxoxox!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment