Tuesday, November 19, 2013

#36 [Cidra - 12] Nov. 18th, 2013

Hi Family!

So this week was good. On Monday, the Collazo's came and taught E__ and his family with us and it went SO well! We actually have hope that they'll get baptized now! We're happy about it. We celebrated my 8-month mark today by doing nothing. :) Just kidding. We went out and worked like normal. I used my glasses for the past week and got lots of headaches, so I dunno if my prescription is bad now, or what. But I probably won't be using them. I've been wearing my retainer, too. So be proud!

I feel like everyone gave us food this week and I know it's only going to get worse with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up; EVERYONE gives us food. I feel like I'm going to gain weight.... But on the bright side, I learned how to play chess this week! :) We also put up a member's Christmas tree and decorated it. It made me a little homesick. I'll miss that this year. But at the same time, the fact that it feels like summertime weather doesn't make it feel like it's November. It's weird.

So we found out about transfers on Saturday evening. Hermana Sosa and I were both anxious all week to know what would happen since we'd had such a great lesson with E__ and his family on Monday night and since we've got A__ L__s' baptism on Sunday. But turns out, I'll be staying here in Cidra, and Hermana Sosa is leaving the area. She'll be training! I am so excited for her. She's going to Ponce, and I'm staying here and I'll also be training a new sister missionary. How do I feel about it? Well, to be completely honest, I actually don't really want to train. It's an honor, but at the same time, I've been studying the 12-week program for the past 8 months... So I get tired of watching all the District movies. But I'll do what I'm supposed to do. Apparently there's something I'm still supposed to learn from studying the 12-week program, so I'll try to figure that out with a little more diligence this time. :) I don't know what my companion's name is, but I know she's from Guatemala. We'll be picking the new babies up tomorrow. I'm excited! This'll be the 5th time I've trained. ;)


Congratulations to Krispen! A baby! That's great news! I'm glad to hear that no one died this week in car accidents. (close deer encounter.) Congratulations on the new computer, too! That's so cool that Jeff made it. What a babe! And it's great that Dad has enough money to pay for stuff like that! Dad, can I have an iPhone? Hehehe :) 


President Smartt said I'd be going to the islands in a few weeks, so we'll see. I'll be sure to let you know what'll happen.

Sorry this email was super lame, but I don't have a lot of time. The library was closed today so we're writing in a member's home and I feel bad and don't want to take as much time as normal.

Love you guys lots! Have a good week!

-Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment