Wednesday, July 30, 2014

#72 [Ponce - 9] July 28th, 2014

CONGRATULATIONS TO MADELINE AND TYLER ON THEIR NEW BABY GIRL!! I am so happy for them! I was thinking about them all week long and praying that everything would go well! She looks so much like Tyler! I can't wait to see Elle in person and I'm so happy for everyone! I think the name they picked out is pretty. At least, prettier than most of the names I've heard here. Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing.

The Spanish Fork Fiesta Days Rodeo sounded like a lot of fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it even though you missed the best part (bull riding!). I don't want to have sleeves on my dress, I want to wear a sweater. I like that better and I miss wearing sweaters. Is it possible for me to do that? Or would that ruin everything?

I'm actually doing just fine, Sister L__ has been companions with a lot of people who went home and she says I'm not anywhere near as trunky as they were. So don't worry, I"m focused. I'm actually excited because of transfers, I'm staying here in Ponce with Sister Leonardo. I'm stoked to be working with her, she's awesome and is teaching me how to make lots of good food. Sister D__ will also be staying here in Ponce, she'll be TRAINING! I'm super proud of her! Now, all of my daughters have trained at least once! I've got 5 daughters and 8 grand-daughters! Life is great! I'll talk a little more about transfers later.

I'm bummed I'm missing out on the Butterbeer at Rachel's work! Be sure to try some for me!

This past week was good. I can't believe how quickly time is going by! I'll update you guys on last week and then this week, so get ready for a good, juicy email!
 

We found a new investigator named Radames. He's really cool. We extended a baptismal date, and he accepted. So hopefully he'll be able to understand everything in the five lessons before the 9th of August. That's the date we've got him set for, but the last time we went, he didn't really understand the Plan of Salvation, so we had to explain the Book of Mormon really well: helping him find the page numbers, understand the footnotes, and to use the index/guia del estudio de las escrituras. It was good.

L__ is doing well, he went to Church last week, but couldn't this week because of his work. He works the night shift, the poor guy. But he's progressing a TON! We had a Family Night activity at the Bishop's house last week and he went and was there with the members till 11pm. He really likes the Church. He needs to quit smoking, and we taught him the Word of Wisdom this past week and will start up the Quit Smoking program that we have this next week. Pray for him, please, because this is going to be hard for him.

N__ is also doing well, she was supposed to come to Church yesterday but she didn't, so something must have happened. She talks too much to be able to teach her, so please pray that she'll let us teach her, because I know she longs to hear about the truths of the gospel.

Zone Conference was good, too. President and Sister Boucher are good people. I like them because I feel they're on the same level as us spiritually and temporally, they don't act like they're too good for us. I like that they're young, and that he's a convert. He's very approachable, as well as his wife. I didn't get an interview with him, but they said they'll be coming back for interviews within the next few weeks. I'm excited to get to know them better.

This week was fine. I did lots of people's hair this week. I cut N__'s boys' hair, and I also colored and cut a less-active's hair. She had originally only asked me to do it just for her, but then she told me when she picked me up that her daughter wanted me to do highlights in her hair and give her a haircut. So I did it for them both, a little annoyed because she basically threw it on me, but she threw the bus completely over the bridge when she invited her friend over after I'd finished blow-drying and styling them both and had cleaned everything up and then she told me to do her friend's hair, too. It would have been super awkward to say no, because her friend was just sitting there expecting me to do it, so I did it. 


We're teaching a lady named C__ every Saturday. She's progressing, too, reading the BOM and what not. We taught her L2 the week before, and this past Saturday, we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. It was cool because she said so herself that her baptism in the Catholic church isn't valid. So hopefully she'll be able to keep reading the Book of Mormon to know for herself the Church is true. Pray so that she'll have the desire and motivation to go to Church and to keep praying about the Book of Mormon.
 

Yesterday morning, when we were getting up, Sister L__ hurt her neck and has been basically paralyzed ever since. Okay, not paralyzed, but she she's in a lot of pain and can't move her head. Yesterday, we had to dress her and do her hair and makeup. It was a really funny and awkward experience for me and Sister D__, Sister L__ was crying and laughing at the same time because of the awkwardness of the whole thing. Hopefully the kink in her neck will go away, because yesterday after Church, we couldn't go out to work, and I don't want to be inside all week cuz I'll lose my tan line. Jokes! :)

Anyway, transfers this week! We totally called what would happen, too. Me and Sister L__ are staying together, like we thought we would, Sister D__ is training for the first time and super nervous about it (but I know she'll be just fine because she's been ready to train since the MTC), and Sister D__ is going to Arecibo to be a Sister Trainer (we TOTALLY saw that one coming!) I'm excited about transfers. They're moving the Elders from our ward into the other ward here in Ponce. So now there are only Sister missionaries in Ponce 4. I'm excited about that, because I felt like 6 missionaries is too much for our little ward.

I'm glad everyone is doing well and is happy. I'm happy too.

If anyone wants to send me mail/stuff, you can send it to this member's house:

829 C/Sauco
Urb. Villa Del Carmen
Ponce, PR 00716-2124

Okay, well, I've gotta go, I'm out of time. My fingers hurt from typing so fast and so much! I love you so much! See you in a month! :)


-Sister Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment